14th Annual Cory Lidle Thanksgiving Classic Rules
POST YOUR SCORES The winning team MUST enter or text scores within 30 min after the game is completed. We cannot update playoff schedules without scores, please make sure this gets done! BRING 2 BASEBALLS per game.
1. Roster: No limit on size. No player is allowed to play on more than one team, with the following exception, a player who plays on his high school team may play on a travel team. Example: Lidle player on 16u may not play on Lidle 18u. West Covina high school player may play on his high school team and play for his Lidle 18u team. If a team is caught with an ineligible player, the game will be completed but will result in an automatic loss. There will be no exception to this rule. Final decision will be made by the tournament director. All games need to be played out regardless of rule infractions.
2. Protest: Not allowed. Umpire’s decision is final.
Unless noted prior to the event, Official Baseball Rules (MLB Rules) will be used with
the following notations.
3. Time Limit all age groups: No new inning after 2 hours 5 minutes. Drop dead 2 hours 15 minutes. This is whether or not a game follows. If time remains and a game is tied it will be continued until the time limit rule applies. Extra inning(s) will start with a runner at second base and no outs. Runner will be player who made the last out.
Henderson Field may have different time limits. Defer to Lynda Denman. Field Director. Henderson also has a $3 gate fee(All proceeds go to City Of Hope) and a full snackbar available.
4. Game Time: Starting time is forfeit (loss) time unless delay is created by the Cory Lidle
Tournament. Game time starts at the end of the home plate meeting, however, teams with 7
players will be charged with a loss. Players can enter the line up as they arrive. Game will be
played out regardless of rule infraction.
5. Home Team: Determined by coin flip for all games, including championship games. Choice
of dugout is first come first serve, unless a host team wishes to occupy their own dugout at their facility. Home team is required to keep the official book.
6. Player Minimum: A team must start and finish with a minimum of 7 players. If this is the
case, or if batting the entire lineup and an injury or ejection occurs, an out will NOT be recorded in the open spot.
7. Championship Games: Time limit and mercy rule not in effect.
8. Run (Mercy) Rule: There will be no mercy rule for any division unless agreed upon by both
9. Pitching Rules (Innings per Tournament): No limit on the number of appearances or innings
pitched. We urge teams to be considerate of their players and their safety. Eight warm-ups to
start, five thereafter.
10. Infield Warm-Ups: All teams are encouraged to warm-up as much as possible before game time. No pre-game infield.
11. BAT RULES:
13U and younger: All bats -5 or greater must be stamped BPF 1.15. Must be a baseball
bat – no restriction on weight or length as long as bat has “BPF 1.15” stamp. All -3 bats
must be stamped BBCOR. Barrels of all non-metal bats may not exceed 2 3/4 inch diameter. Wood bats allowed.
14U, JV and High School Divisions: -3 weight/length ratio. All -3 bats must be stamped
BBCOR. Wood bats allowed.
15U, 16U and 18U: Wood bats only.
First violation of this rule – batter is declared out if discovered before the next batter
steps into the batter’s box. Head coach is issued a warning.
Second violation of this rule – batter is declared out if discovered before the next batter
steps into the batter’s box. Head coach is ejected.
Subsequent violations of this rule – batter is declared out if discovered before the next
batter steps into the batter’s box. The designated head coach is ejected.
When a batter is declared out for violation of the bat rules, the defense may take the
penalty or the result of the play. The head coach penalties apply in either case.
12. BAT PENALTIES: Batter declared out if using an illegal bat.
13. Uniforms: Numbers necessary, matching uniforms recommended.
14. Adverse Weather: The Cory Lidle Tournament could be played in adverse weather
conditions. The format may be changed and may include lesser time limits or fewer innings to
complete the tournament. Coaches and players accept these conditions when entering the
tournament. 2 games constitute the tournament obligation.
15. Decisions: Tournament Director shall have final decision on all tournament questions.
16. Tie-Breaker System: Used only in playoff or Championship games. If the game (playoff or
championship) is tied after all innings have been completed or a new inning is started within 10 minutes of time expiring, the "California" tie breaker rule will go into effect. Each team puts the batter who is scheduled to bat last in that respective half of the inning on second base and plays out a full inning. This happens until the tie is broken and the game is complete. Pool play games can end in a tie.
17. No Show: Teams that no-show will forfeit their entry fee.
18. Lineups: All age groups can have an EH (Extra Hitter) if they choose to bat 10. Both a DH
and EH may be used at the same time. All ages may choose to bat their entire lineup and have free substitution.
19. Courtesy Runners: A courtesy runner may be used for the pitcher or catcher. However, the courtesy runner must be a player that is not currently in the lineup. He may run for the pitchers spot every time it comes up in the game. A different substitute must run for the catchers spot. If batting the entire lineup, then the last recorded out may be used.
20. Visits to the mound: Each team is allowed three charged visits to the mound within a
game. A charged visit is a trip in which the manager or coach does not remove the pitcher. After the three charged visits are used, every trip to the mound after that will result in the pitcher being removed. An uncharged visit is when the manager removes the pitcher from the mound. This visit will not be a charged visit. Remember, charged visits are cumulative for the entire game. No restrictions on visits per inning.
21. Tie Breaker: Tie breakers to determine pool winners are:
1. Head to head if applicable. (2 teams only)
2. Total runs against.
3. Total run differential.
4. The last tie breaker is a coin toss.
22. Slide Rule: Any runner is out when the runner does not slide legally or attempt to avoid a fielder who has possession of the ball and waiting to make a tag or is in the process of fielding the ball. The ball is dead and NO runners shall advance. If the runner’s slide or collision is flagrant, the runner shall be ejected from the game.
23. All games need to be played out regardless of rule infractions.
24. High School Teams playing in Travel Division must follow travel ball rules and bat
25. Winning team MUST enter or text scores within 30 min after the game is completed. We cannot update playoff schedules without scores, please make sure this gets done!
26. Each Team needs to provide 2 baseballs per game
27. Check our website at www.corylidle.com for updates.
28. Coaches, let Parents know that some fields charge a gate fee. Fee goes back to the school program or a charity of their choice.
29. Ejections: If a coach or player gets ejected from a game, the ejection stands for that game only. Coaches and players will be permitted to participate in the next game.
30. In case of rainout, tournament will resume the following week. If your team is unable to attend the rescheduled games, 2 games played constitute a completed tournament and no refund will be given. The entry fee will be considered a donation to the
Cory Lidle Foundation.
2 games constitute a complete tournament if the rescheduled weekend is also rained out. No refund will be given.
1 game played you will receive $150 back and the remainder of the entry fee will be considered a donation to the Cory Lidle Foundation.
0 games played you will receive $200 back and the remainder of the entry fee will be considered a donation to the Cory Lidle Foundation.
PLEASE NOTE: We will provide a maximum of 15 prizes to championship teams and players must be present to receive. If your roster has 20 players and they are all present at a championship victory, we will order more but the organization will be responsible for the cost.
REMEMBER – THIS IS A MEMORIAL FUNDRAISER IN HONOR OF CORY. LET’S KEEP OUR TEMPERS AND HAVE FUN!